Thank you for your interest in our HotelStFridolin.de/HotelRheinsberg.de websites (the “website”). The website is operated by AwoCaDo gGmbH (hereinafter referred to as “Hotel St. Fridolin“ and "Hotel Rheinsberg”) and offers you the user the opportunity to find out more about our room offers and the hotel locations as well as to make bookings and contact us in case of enquiries. We take the protection of personal data very seriously and comply with the regulations of the data protection legislation as well as other data protection requirements.
The following aims to inform you, the user of our website, about the handling of your data and provides an overview of the measures that we have taken to protect personal data.
You can revoke any consent that you have provided with effect for the future. If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data by us, please contact us (contact under section 11).
1. Collection and use of personal data
(1) Any user can use our website without registration.
(2) Whenever a user accesses the website and downloads a file, access data about this process is stored on our server. These are:
- Browser type/version
- Operating system used
- Referred URL (the previously visited site)
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- Time and date of the server request
- Transmitted data volume and access status (file transferred, file not found, etc.)
This data is then used to generate pseudonymised internal statistics that help us analyse the use of the website, eliminate errors and improve our services. Any additional personal use does not take place. In particular, this data is not merged with other data sources. This data is automatically deleted after the statistical evaluation. You can prevent your pseudonymised data from being used for statistical purposes at any time by changing the settings on your browser software to prevent cookies from being stored (see section 6).
(3) In addition, Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg essentially only records and uses personal data that the user transmits when using the website or app, such as when booking a room, subscribing or logging in to the newsletter or sending an enquiry using the contact form on the website. The user’s personal data is collected, used and stored to execute a contract. “Personal data” is data that contains information on your personal or material circumstances (e.g. name, address, booking period, telephone number, date of birth, email address, bank account or credit card data).
The collected data is processed using our hotel software ProtelAir. In this case, the ProtelAir data are hosted by a secure Amazon data centre in Frankfurt, Germany. Amazon is 100% GDPR and PCI-DSS compliant. The data is automatically anonymised by ProtelAir after the statutory storage period of 400 days and is no longer readable and evaluable, unless you consent to permanent storage. The data is also forwarded to the Bad Säckingen Department of Tourism.
(4) If a reservation and/or booking is made, the full name, address, email address as well as the date of arrival and departure must be provided. This data is necessary to process the booking. In addition, further information may be required, such as a telephone number, company, tax number, bank account or credit card data.
(5) Persons under 18 years of age should not transmit any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or carers. We do not request any personal data from children and young people, nor do we collect such data or forward these to third parties.
(6) Personal data is treated as confidential and are handled in compliance with the legal data protection provisions. The data is not transmitted to third parties without the user’s consent, unless this is necessary to execute orders, to process payments or to respond to enquiries, or this is permitted in accordance with the statutory provisions. Further details regarding the transmission of data to third parties are provided in section 4 “Transfer of personal data to third parties”.
(7) Master and usage data is also collected, processed and used by Hotel Rheinsberg within the scope of Sections 14 and 15 of the German Teleservices Act (TMG) and Section 28 of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
(8) In addition, the hotel records personal data when registering/checking in to our hotels; this includes data that we are required to collect under local law. Furthermore, we may use video surveillance systems and other security measures in our hotels, which can record images of guests and visitors in public areas.
It may be necessary to forward part of your personal data to third-party providers, such as taxi companies or restaurants. Our service providers are generally contractually obliged to protect your personal data and may only potentially use or transmit your personal data within a legal framework.
Moreover, in some cases, we may need to forward the data within the Sapia Group.
The use of your personal data for advertising and marketing purposes as well as for the services used is always subject to Art. 6 GDPR.
2. Email newsletter
By subscribing to the newsletter, the user has declared their consent to regularly receive an emailed newsletter with information on current events, campaigns and offers from Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg (as well as articles on the topic of hotels, travel and accommodation). The personal data processed by Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg for sending the newsletter is forwarded to third parties to the extent that this is necessary for sending the newsletter or to the extent permitted by law. This consent to use the email address can be revoked at any time with effect for the future (email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org). There is also the option of unsubscribing from the newsletter via a separate link directly at the end of every newsletter.
You, as the user, expressly provided us with the following declaration of consent when ordering the newsletter, which we recorded accordingly:
“I would like to order the free Hotel St. Fridolin newsletter and regularly receive information on current events, campaigns and offers from Hotel Rheinsberg on the topic of hotels and travel. My email address will only be passed on to third parties in accordance with the legal provisions. I can revoke my consent to receive the newsletter at any time with effect for the future.”
2.2 Regular customers
If the user has registered on the Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg website and/or used this to book a hotel room, as a so-called regular customer, they automatically receive an email with an evaluation form after staying in one of our hotels as well as our regular newsletter on current events, campaigns and offers from Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg. The user can revoke the use of their email address for receiving the evaluation email and newsletter at any time with effect for the future. The opportunity to unsubscribe is provided via a separate link at the end of the relevant newsletter or you can send an email to email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Processing and erasure
(1) Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg can complete, rectify or erase incomplete, incorrect or obsolete personal data, which is stored by Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg in connection with the operation of this website, at its own initiative or at the user’s request.
(2) Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg erases personal data, within the scope of the statutory provisions, immediately after being requested to do so by the data subject, unless otherwise stipulated by compulsory legal archiving obligations.
4. Transfer of personal data to third parties
(1) The user’s personal data is treated as confidential and is only transferred to external service providers if this is necessary to execute the contract and process enquiries. The external service providers are obliged to ensure the confidential and secure treatment of the data and may only use the data if this is necessary to execute their task.
(2) This particularly also applies for any payment processing via external service providers as well as data exchange for credit checks if a legitimate interest exists or in case of a breach of contract. The legitimate interests of the user are taken into account in accordance with the statutory provisions.
(3) In all other respects, personal data is only passed on if the user has previously provided their express consent or if this is necessary to prosecute criminal offences. Transmission to authorities or government institutions with a right to information only takes place if a legal disclosure obligation exists or this is based on a judicial ruling. Your legitimate interests are taken into account in accordance with the statutory data protection provisions. The statutory provisions may also require us to disclose your data to third parties. We only comply with these kinds of requests, if this is a legal requirement.
(4) Any consent provided by your regarding the transfer of data can be revoked at any time without providing reasons (contact, section 11).
5. Data protection
(1) Data protection is an important corporate principle at Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg. This is ensured by training measures, an internal data protection officer and the written commitment of all staff and external service providers to data secrecy and to comply with data protection requirements, among other measures.
All technical and organisational, physical as well as logical facilities and measures in the area of data protection, IT and information security are intended to protect against the damage, destruction and unauthorised access to stored data and to achieve the protection objectives of confidentiality, availability and integrity.
To ensure security, personal data are collected using an encrypted “Secure Socket Layer” (SSL) connection (which can be identified with the “https://” as the start of the Internet address in the Internet browser’s address line).
(2) Security measures – only encrypted transmission is used when transmitting particularly sensitive data over the Internet, such as credit card data. Internal data processing also takes place in a virtual private network, which is protected from the public Internet by a firewall and in which all communication is encrypted.
(3) Storage – we store your personal data for the time required to fulfil the purposes described here, unless a longer period is specified or permitted by the legislator. We retain personal data, which has been collected for guest reservations, for a period of seven years after the end of the stay. We retain other personal data for shorter periods of time, if possible and permitted by law.
We will erase your personal data as soon as possible in a manner to ensure that it cannot be restored or reconstructed.
If the personal data exists as a hard copy, we will ensure its secure destruction, e.g. by shredding or burning the paper documents or in another manner, and if it is stored in electronic form, the personal data will be destroyed using technical means to ensure that the information cannot be restored or reconstructed at a later date.
(4) Rights – you can request information on the personal data that we have stored about you to the extent required by law and, where appropriate, you can revoke your consent with regard to certain data processing operations and/or demand that we update, correct, erase and/or stop processing your personal data. In addition, you have the right to request a copy of your personal data. A right to object to the processing or to limit the processing of these data also exists. We will perform all the requested updates and changes within the timeframe permitted by law and in accordance with the applicable legislation. If permitted by law, we may charge fees to cover the costs of processing the request. Please send requests of this nature to the contact details provided below.
7. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service, which is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”). Google Analytics uses "cookies", text files, that are stored on your monitor and which enable an analysis of use of the website by you. The information generated about your use of this website by the cookie is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it is also stored. On this website, Google Analytics has been extended by the “gat._anonymizeIp()” code in order to ensure the anonymised collection of IP addresses. This means that Google will first abbreviate your IP address within the member states of the European Union or in other states party to the agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is only transmitted to a Google server in the USA, where it is then abbreviated, in exceptional cases.
Google uses this information on behalf of Hotel Rheinsberg to assess your use of the website in order to compile reports on the website activities and to provide additional services related to the use of the website and the internet. The shortened IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with other Google data. You can prevent cookies from being stored by adjusting your browser software; however, please note that, in this case, you may not be able to use all the functions.
Moreover, you can prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie in relation to your use of the website or app (incl. your IP address) and its transmission to Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser add-on available under the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Alternatively to this browser add-on, you can prevent recording by Google Analytics when using mobile monitors by clicking on the following link. This sets an opt-out cookie, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics
Further information on Google Analytics is available here: www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/.
8. Facebook, Adsense, Twitter, Google+
Our website contains plugins for the Facebook social network (Facebook Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California, 94025, USA). The Facebook plugins can be recognised by the Facebook logo or the "Like Button" on our site. You can find an overview of the Facebook plugins here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
If you do not want Facebook to assign your visit to our website to your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook account.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", text files, that are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of use of the website by you. The information generated about your use of this website by the cookie is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it is also stored. If IP anonymisation is enabled for this website, Google will abbreviate your IP address within the member states of the European Union or in other states party to the agreement on the European Economic Area.
The full IP address is only transmitted to a Google server in the USA, where it is then abbreviated, in exceptional cases. Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this website to assess your use of the website in order to compile reports on the website activities and to provide additional services related to the use of the website and the internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with other Google data.
You can prevent cookies from being stored by adjusting your browser software; however, please note that, in this case, you may not be able to use all the functions on this website. Moreover, you can prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie in relation to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) and its transmission to Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
The information generated about your use of this website by cookies and web beacons (including your IP address) and the delivery of advertising formats is transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it is also stored. Google may pass this information on to Google contract partners. However, Google will not combine your IP address with other data stored about you.
You can prevent Cookies from being installed by adjusting your browser software settings; however, please note that, in this case, you may not be able to use all the functions on this website. By accessing this website you consent to the processing of the collected data by Google in the manner described above and for the purposes previously mentioned.
Recording and transmitting information:
The Google +1 button can be used to publish information worldwide. The Google +1 button gives you and other users personalised content from Google and our partners. Google stores both the information that you have provided for a +1 content, as well as information about the website which you viewed when clicking on +1. Your +1 may be displayed as information together with your profile name and your photo in Google services, such as in search results or in your Google profile, or in other places on websites and displays on the internet.
Google actively records information about your +1 activities in order to improve the Google services for you and others. In order to be able to use the Google +1 button, you need a globally visible, public Google profile, which must at least contain the name selected for the profile. This name is used in all Google services. In some cases this name may also replace another name that you have used to share content about your Google account. The identity of your Google profile may be displayed to users that know your email address or other identifying information about you.
Use of the recorded information:
The functions of the Twitter service have been integrated into our website. These functions are provided by Twitter Inc., Twitter, Inc. 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. The use of Twitter and the "Re-Tweet" function links the websites you have visited to your Twitter account and notifies other users. This means that data is also transmitted to Twitter.
You can change your privacy settings for Twitter in the account settings at http://twitter.com/account/settings.
10. Links to other websites
The website may contain links (interactive references) to third-party websites for which Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg is not responsible. Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg has no influence on the content and layout of linked external websites that the user accesses via these links. The relevant providers are exclusively responsible for the content and layout of these websites and for compliance with the data protection provisions.
12. Right to lodge a complaint
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
13. Questions on data protection and contact
The user can contact Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg at any time in order to correct, block or erase their stored personal data. In addition, Hotel St. Fridolin/Hotel Rheinsberg will provide information on the data stored on the user as well as the origin and recipients of these data and the purpose of storage at any time.
Please direct questions on data protection to:
Contact: Niels Bosley
D-79713 Bad Säckingen
Hotel Bad Säckingen GmbH
Contact: Sabina-Teresa Bosley
D-79713 Bad Säckingen
My tip is a visit to the Museum of Energy in Hottingen (I live nearby). Situated a short distance from the Hottingen district in the municipality of Rickenbach, it attracts hikers who enjoy spending their break discovering something new and interesting on the topic of “Energy in the region” through the many window displays, as well as visitors who are keen to find out more during its opening hours. It is open every Sunday from 2:00 - 4:00 pm. Entry is free! The castle ruins in Wiladingen are also worth a visit. The ruins are hidden away and can be accessed by a pleasant circular trail that takes about 1-2 hours. There are also places to buy a refreshment or two.